Parenting Tips on a Variety of Topics:
- My SCMP & HKFP articles on attachment, how parents can survive online learning, mental health diagnosis, & suicidality
- My new book Talking to Children about Divorce
- Attachment Theory and Parenting
- Parenting Printables
- Defiance in Children
- Boosting Motivation and Confidence
- EQ and Sibling Rivalry
- Transitioning to a New School
- More topics…
Videos on Parenting:
- Why Timeouts Hurt Our Kids’ Emotional Development
- 60 Minutes: Oprah Winfrey’s interview on how home environment affects young brains
- Watch a video summary of parenting do’s and don’ts
- Watch a video on how parent’s words shape a child’s inner world
Is it ADHD, ASD, or is it childhood?
To understand more about distractibility and lack of focus/attention in children, check out our ADHD Help-Kit. If you child is struggling socially and emotionally, check out our mental health resources including autism.
View my SCMP article on mental health diagnosis.
Handy Parenting Tools
To learn more about your parenting style, check out these Self-help Checklists. Print out bonding activities from our super handy Parenting Printables.
Want more support?
- Sign up for our newsletter and ask your question there.
- If you are in a tricky situation, contact me for a 1-on1 parenting consultation.
- If an organization you associate with is interested in hosting Beautiful Mind‘s parenting workshop, multi-module parenting course, or parenting support group, contact us for more information.
*Common Parenting Struggles*
A) Does your child seem “unmotivated” or “lazy”?
Does s/he mop around and procrastinate at homework time? Does s/he say “I don’t know” a lot and give up easily, or approaches new or difficult tasks with relentless hesitation, or explosive tantrums?
B) Dealing with a defiant/angry child whose go-to response is opposition?
Do you feel disrespected, invisible, and losing control? Is every day a tug of war and it leaves you feeling exhausted and demoralized, and wishing that there was a different way to respond and manage.
C) Can parents teach EQ skills at home while promoting sibling harmony? Absolutely!
The importance of EQ and problem-solving skills are widely known. Learn practical steps to cultivate these skills and to foster sibling harmony.