It takes a village to raise a child
Modern ‘village’ = 2 working, EXHAUSTED parents!
Why do I need a parenting consultation?
Because parenting is confusing, exhausting, and downright challenging at times! And because parents no longer have the support past generations used to have! It helps to have a guide and an ally.
What kinds of problems can a parenting consultation address?
Everything from dealing with defiance, to homework struggles, to sibling conflicts, to low motivation and confidence, to questions concerning assessment and diagnosis of condition such as ADHD and autism.
How do I know a consultation will help me?
If you are reading this, you probably are pondering about some issues related to your child, and wondering how best to help your child. You are not alone. Responsible and loving parents want to do the best for their children, and so they worry, question, worry, and question…
Parenting (as well as relationship skills) involves a system of ideas and skills that no one learns through formal education! So if you feel stuck and lost and sometimes confused about what to do, well, of course! When society is changing so rapidly, parenting can feel extra daunting.
What if I am unsure whether the issues I am dealing with merit a consultation?
How to find out more:
- Contact us to talk about your situation
- Check out some common concerns that bring a child to therapy
- Learn about attachment theory and attachment-based parenting
- Pay attention to your own self-care
- Look for support: from friends, family, or parenting networks
- Check out our free parenting resources
- Browse our parenting newsletters, my SCMP articles & parenting printables