Parenting Tips on a Variety of Topics:
- My SCMP & HKFP articles on attachment, how parents can survive online learning, mental health diagnosis, & suicidality
- My new book Talking to Children about Divorce
- Attachment Theory and Parenting
- Parenting Printables
- Defiance in Children
- Boosting Motivation and Confidence
- EQ and Sibling Rivalry
- Transitioning to a New School
- More topics…
Videos on Parenting:
- Why Timeouts Hurt Our Kids’ Emotional Development
- 60 Minutes: Oprah Winfrey’s interview on how home environment affects young brains
- Watch a video summary of parenting do’s and don’ts
- Watch a video on how parent’s words shape a child’s inner world
Is it ADHD, ASD, or is it childhood?
To understand more about distractibility and lack of focus/attention in children, check out our ADHD Help-Kit. If you child is struggling socially and emotionally, check out our mental health resources including autism.
Handy Parenting Tools
Want more support?
- Sign up for our newsletter and ask your question there.
- If you are in a tricky situation, contact me for a 1-on1 parenting consultation.
- If an organization you associate with is interested in hosting Beautiful Mind‘s parenting workshop, multi-module parenting course, or parenting support group, contact us for more information.
*Common Parenting Struggles*
A) Does your child seem “unmotivated” or “lazy”?
Does s/he mop around and procrastinate at homework time? Does s/he say “I don’t know” a lot and give up easily, or approaches new or difficult tasks with relentless hesitation, or explosive tantrums?
B) Dealing with a defiant/angry child whose go-to response is opposition?
Do you feel disrespected, invisible, and losing control? Is every day a tug of war and it leaves you feeling exhausted and demoralized, and wishing that there was a different way to respond and manage.
C) Can parents teach EQ skills at home while promoting sibling harmony? Absolutely!
The importance of EQ and problem-solving skills are widely known. Learn practical steps to cultivate these skills and to foster sibling harmony.